Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Announcing Parity?

According to the Irish Examiner, there is to be an announcement today from the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Michael McDowell on partnership rights for same sex couples. The minister is due to meet GLEN (the Gay and Lesbian Equality Network) sometime today and the announcement will follow. I am still not holding my breath that we will see proposals that will grant equality (and I am not even talking about Marriage here) for same sex couples and those with children. Well at least I won't suffocate.

Fiona has collated links in the Irish blogosphere on yesterdays Civil Partnership debut in Belfast. It is good to see so much positive comment on it. The earth is still round this morning as we awake and I hope the couple have a great honeymoon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home