Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Look me in the eye dammit

I attended a meeting yesterday with a man where I seriously doubted my ability to get myself out of the house looking respectable.

I suppose over the years I have become expert in watching body language and I pick up a lot of things and think about them.  Now some might call it paranoia but if someone spent time looking at one part of your body rather than addressing you wouldn’t you get worried.

This person was not visually impaired, was in a senior management position in his institution but failed to be able to look me in the eye.  He kept looking at my left cheek and/or my left breast.

Now there is nothing spectacular about either the cheek or breast.  And I kept checking that my bra was not showing and that nothing else was showing. I then wondered had I spilt my lunch as I regularly do. But no  - all was clean there.

And indeed the better half had given me a lift to the bus stop earlier and had not passed any comment – which she would if she had to.

When he left the meeting room to get documents I checked myself out again. And when I got home I looked in the mirror.

The report I write about the meeting and his interaction with me will be interesting to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home