Thursday, December 01, 2005

Gobbing with pride....

Ah Dermod...thanks for all the spitting, can I offer you a drink?

In the name of all those queers who have lived good lives as priests, nuns, bishops and popes down the centuries, who have eased the lives of the flocks they have served, I spit on this document. In the name of all those queers who have been parents and godparents to children down the centuries, living and breathing examples of “spiritual fatherhood”, I spit on this document. In the name of those priests I have fucked and been fucked by, I spit on this document. In the name of the priest I might have become, had I not been infected by fancy modern notions of respect for myself, and respect for my truth, and respect for my own spiritual path, I spit on this document. In the name of those countless kids in Catholic homes who have been, and are now going to be even more infected with concepts of dis-ease and dis-trust and dis-like, of dis-may and dis-gust, for themselves and for others, I spit on this document.

You can read and listen to the full post here, its worth it!

1 Comments:

At 22:29, Blogger Dermod said...

Thanks Suzy! Mine's a pint :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home